Board of Directors
The Classical Academies are public charter schools that have an independent Governing Board. This group works with, and oversees, the Chief Executive Officer who manages the day-to-day operations of the charter school programs, management of charter documents, and authorizer relationships. The role of the Board is oversight in the operation of the non-profit, The Classical Academy, Inc. and are independent from our four charter authorizers.
The Board of Directors is policy-making in their role; updating, creating, and approving policy and procedures for the organization. They also oversee academic and financial activities to ensure success, while providing leadership and feedback to the Chief Executive Officer charged with implementing their decisions.
The Classical Academy, Inc. manages the operations of all of the schools.
The Classical Academy, Inc. operates:
- The Classical Academy
- Classical Academy Middle School
- Classical Academy High School
- Classical Academy Vista
- Classical Academy High School Personalized Learning Campus
- Coastal Academy
- Coastal Academy High School
Our Board members include:
- Mark Reardon – President – Mark Reardon is the founder, president, and CEO of Centrepointe Leadership. His two children attended Coastal Academy and Classical Academy High School.
- Paul Donovan, Jr. – Secretary – Paul Donovan grew up in Escondido and is a Sales Manager at a national mortgage company. He has three children at Classical Academy and enjoys serving on the board.
- Angie Mosteller – Treasurer – Angie Mosteller is an instructor at California Baptist University. She has two children at the Classical Academies and has been active in the homeschool community for over 10 years.
- Mark Donar – Member at Large – Mark Donar is a U. S. Marine Corps Veteran and Defense Logistics Analyst who is the father of three students at Coastal Academy.
- Valerie Jauregui – Member at Large – Valerie Jauregi holds the distinction of being an original parent at The Classical Academy who signed the petition to open the school in 1999. As an active parent, community member, and licensed attorney, Mrs. Jauregui highly values the educational options available to students and supports all efforts to keep them first at The Classical Academies.
Board meetings are held at locations detailed on the meeting agendas and move between Escondido, Oceanside, and our Vista locations.
Contact the Board by email at Board@ClassicalAcademy.com or call (760) 546-0101 to speak with Chief Executive Officer, Cameron Curry
2020-21 Public Hearing Notice for El Dorado Charter SELPA Annual Budget and Service Plans. The public hearing will take place at the CEO Council Meeting on May 21, 2020, via Zoom.
Proposition 30 was approved by the voters of California on November 6, 2012. Proposition 30 added Article XIII, Section 36 to the California Constitution which not only impacts cash flow patterns in school districts but also has an accountability component. The Proposition provides that all K-14 local agencies have the sole authority to determine how the funds received from the Education Protection Account (EPA) are spent, but with the following provisions:
- The spending plan must be approved by the governing board during a public meeting
- EPA funds cannot be used for the salaries or benefits of administrators or any other administrative costs (as determined through the account code structure)
- Each year, the local agency must publish on its website an accounting of how much money was received from the EPA and how the funds were expended